When students graduate from Campbell R-II School, they will not only be empowered as life-long learners, but they will also be responsible and respectful citizens who are equipped to make positive contributions to society.
Our goals include:
Providing a climate for learning
Implementing the principles of a professional learning community
Providing effective instruction
Strengthening instructional leadership
Maintaining high expectations for achievement
Involving parents and the larger community
Establishing an effective curriculum
We will provide a climate for learning by:
- Showing school pride.
- Promoting a safe, orderly, caring, positive, and supportive environment and experiences.
- Having a low student to teacher ratio.
- Encouraging and recognizing success and value among students and staff.
- Fostering students' self-esteem with positive and inviting relationships among students and staff.
We will implement the principles of a professional learning community in order for our staff to:
- Collaborate with colleagues.
- Monitor results closely to adjust teaching styles when necessary.
- Use date to support remediation for weak areas.
- Improve faculty members' craft through on-going professional development.
- Ensure that all students acquire the time and support to learn to their full potential.
- Proudly accept responsibility for the learning process of all students
We will provide students with effective instruction that:
- Models the qualities of good character (respect, support and personal integrity) with both colleagues and students.
- Is developmentally appropriate.
- Actively engages each student in learning using a variety of effective strategies.
- Uses management practices to enhance learning.
- Provides new and innovative teaching techniques, including the use of technology.
- Adapts to different learning styles.
- Integrates techniques for different learning styles.
We will strengthen instructional leadership by:
- Having certified staff members that are highly qualified for each of the positions they hold.
- Being effective in our positions.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
- Caring for and being dedicated to all students.
- Valuing collegiality and empowerment through honest and open communication within and between departments.
We will maintain high expectations for achievement by:
- Empowering all students to reach their fullest potential.
- Maintaining high standards for all.
- Motivating students to succeed.
- Helping students to feel successful at every level of achievement.
- Communicating clear expectations and specific academic and behavioral goals.
- Emphasizing responsibility.
- Creating a challenging learning environment.
- Providing students equitable opportunities to learn and to experience involvement in activities.
- Setting realistic goals for achievement for each student.
We will create a partnership with parents and the larger community by:
- Maintaining a positive and supportive atmosphere through communication.
- Seeking input from parents and community members through collaboration.
- Providing opportunities for parent and community involvement/participation.
- Sharing ownership in student learning and school pride.
- Working well with outside agencies.
We will create a curriculum that:
- Is aligned with state and national standards.
- Articulates essential learning outcomes.
- Is vertically aligned throughout grade levels.
- Is aligned with instruction and assessment.
- Emphasizes academics but also provides a solid foundation in:
- Health Education,
- Character Education,
- Career Centered Education,
- Dual-Credit Courses,
- Gifted Education, and
- Fine Arts.